Re: [Icehouse] Idea for Wiki Art

  • FromDenis Moskowitz <dmm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 9 Nov 2007 09:34:19 -0500 (EST)
OK.

http://suberic.net/~dmm/graphics/icehouse/

The "images" subdirectory contains 429* images. "ice_images.zip" is an
archive of all of those images.  I'll write up an explanatory page about
the various position names and colors later (maybe this weekend), as
well as make pages containing all the images for each color.
I'd welcome any critiques - the whole process is automated, so it's easy
to make changes and rebuild the images.

I didn't intend to steal anyone's thunder here - if someone wants to
make better-looking povray versions or whatever, they're welcome to -
but I didn't want anyone killing their hands making four hundred images
manually if they didn't need to.

* 11 colors: red, orange, yellow, green, cyan, blue, purple, white, black (k),
gray (d), clear (t).  9 plan positions (up_dir, n_dir, nw_dir, etc), 3
side positions (left, upright, right).  3 combinations: tree, nest,
stack (from above).  11 * ( (3 * (9+3) ) + 3) = 11 * (36 + 3) = 11 * 39 = 429.
--
Denis M Moskowitz            Jen feroca malbona kuniklo; rigardu liajn
dmm@xxxxxxxxxxx              sovagxajn vangharojn, kaj liajn ungojn kaj