RE: [Icehouse] Idea for Wiki Art

  • DateThu, 08 Nov 2007 11:17:16 -0700
> From: "Timothy Hunt" <games@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> There are macros that have standard orientations of pieces, and some
> standard camera angles.  I don't remember the details, it's a while
> since I did Zendo online, but it's really not as onerous as you appear
> to be suggesting, and the results would be orders of magnitude better.

Sounds like a volunteer...
;)

Transparency would be the main thing, to me, then. We should be able to
set these images onto white, black, etc backgrounds (ex: table cell
shading, for a chessboard) and not see anything but the mids.

And I bet the write POVray code + wait for render time is orders of
magnitude more time and effort than my press O (Eyedropper) + click the
palette + press Shift+B (Paint Bucket tool) + click at most four times
to fill.

Hmmm... maybe a script could be written which would loop through colors
and orientations, outputting read-to-run POVray code, so one could just
copy & paste the code into POVray. That would certainly be consistent
and avoid coding errors (and with at least 275 to make, it would be
worth the script coding time).

Meh....
David