Re: [Icehouse] IGDC Winter 2008 is ready for announcement tomorrow!

  • FromChristopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 09 Nov 2007 09:32:01 -0800
On Friday, November 09, 2007, at 12:06PM, "Brian Campbell" <lambda@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>On Nov 9, 2007, at 11:39 AM, kerry_and_ryan@xxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> As I think I've mentioned before, I wouldn't mind seeing such an
>> entry in this competition, but I would rate it at least a little
>> lower just because it isn't "solidly" a 2HOUSE game.  I could see
>> other judges rating it as either perfectly 2HOUSE or perfectly
>> non-2HOUSE.  It's a judgment call -- that's what judges are for.
>
>Yeah, I think I'd rate this pretty low in a 2HOUSE-restricted
>competition. I don't think I'd need it to be filtered for me; I can
>make up my own mind about how well this fits the 2HOUSE design
>restriction.

I'd have to agree here, and make a suggestion (it may be too late for this competition, but perhaps for future winter competitions) to have a two-part ranking system:
1. Overall game quality
2. Adherence to theme.

That way, you can take the rankings in composite to determine the final rankings.