Re: [Icehouse] Laser-cut Icehouse storage

  • FromMarc Hartstein <marc.hartstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 8 Jan 2008 12:41:26 -0500
On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 09:31:52AM -0700, David Artman wrote:
> Not saying "Mine is better'n yours; nyah!" Just pointing out how I feel
> a storage system should also protect that which is being stored; and if
> you get a bad drop and scatter your mids, they are likely to suffer
> unnecessary chips or scratches. Heh... just like clay poker chips in
> such cases, I reckon. :)

It looks to me as though the foam should hold the pyramids snugly
against the acrylic, so I wouldn't expect things to move around much if
you drop the case while it's closed.

Are you saying you expect there to be a real risk of a drop popping the
latch, that you evaluate the safety of the items inside for a closed
drop differently than I, or are you concerned about a drop off the table
while the case is open?  I'm wondering if I'm missing something . . ..

If I were designing the case I might see if I could get a second layer
of foam in the bottom, though.  That looks like it lacks one, which
makes me a touch nervous.