RE: [Icehouse] Laser-cut Icehouse storage

  • DateTue, 08 Jan 2008 09:31:52 -0700
> From: "Bob Winans" <rwinans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> I would have used slots to hold the stash tubes, only because I know that I
> would invariably knock that nice case on the floor and have everything go
> flying. Without the dimensions of the case, maybe there isn't enough room to
> do that... just my ramblings, as my mind whirls at the possibilities.

I *is* a nice case, but I'd have to agree with Bob regarding all the
loose items. Plus, if you have no tubes, you can't play Moon Shot, Ice
Golf, or Drip (some of the cooler dexterity games, IMHO). [Hmmm...
there's only three "requires one or more tubes" games out there...
Winter 2009 IGDC design restriction...? Although I have used them for
"reefs" in Armada....]

Then again, if one stores mids in tubes (and store loose items in
bags/boxes) then one needn't use the plastic insets at all. I don't with
my Dexas Binder Case (rings popped out):
http://shop4.outpost.com/product/5033875

Not saying "Mine is better'n yours; nyah!" Just pointing out how I feel
a storage system should also protect that which is being stored; and if
you get a bad drop and scatter your mids, they are likely to suffer
unnecessary chips or scratches. Heh... just like clay poker chips in
such cases, I reckon. :)

But it *is* a cool-looking case and dazzling presentation, when opened.
David