Re: [Icehouse] Laser-cut Icehouse storage

  • FromSimon Budig <simon@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 8 Jan 2008 21:32:26 +0100
Jorge Arroyo (trozo@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Maybe you should have looked for a laser cutting service within Germany, or
> at least the EU :) I have a laser cutter I use to make piecepack sets and
> other games/puzzles for my shop (in Spain) but I'm sure you can find a
> service even closer...

True, in the end it probably would have been cheaper although the price
on the invoice would have been higher - at least at the laser cutting
places I found out about.

Part of the ingeniuity of ponoko is of course that they have an easy
EPS-based workflow, in all shops I found out about handling an EPS (or
any file format I could check for correctness myself) would impose an
additional service fee.

Makezine.com recently featured a berlin based laser cutter. Looks cool but
unfortunately there is a massive lack of information on
http://lasernlasern.de/ - I am eagerly waiting for more to be available
there.

If anyone happens to know a cool laser shop in germany I'd be glad to
learn about it. When I searched for one some months ago I had trouble
finding them.

Bye,
        Simon
--