RE: [Icehouse] CRP Ranking: Can It Skip Ranks?

  • DateFri, 08 Feb 2008 11:05:22 -0700
The judge responded to confirm that this was meant:
AAA
BBB
DDD/EEE/FFF/GGG/HHH
CCC

This is a valid ballot. The use of numbers by this judge and others is
to show relative ranking, and it will continue to work fine as a means
of communicating relative rank, now that I know that the script won't
skip ranks without "padding" with other candidates. This judge wanted to
be CRYSTAL CLEAR that the CCC was "absolute worst" and so put it at "8"
out of 3 listings. Just to be sure the judge was satisfied, I confirmed
that the other five may be put at "third" to make CCC "last". It is all
good.

I don't think the ranking rules on the page need to be changed. However,
if someone wants to perform an edit of those rules, to make more clear
(that which he or she believes) is unclear, be my guest; I'll check your
changes to make sure the general intent (and formatting, etc) is not
changed.

Thanks again for the follow-ups; we can safely drop this discussion, or
take it to the IGDC Discussion page, or make edits to the IGDC Article
page to avoid future confusion.
--David