RE: [Icehouse] CRP Ranking: Can It Skip Ranks?

  • DateThu, 07 Feb 2008 14:08:30 -0700
> From: Doug Orleans <dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx>
> I don't think it's a good idea to change the rules after a bunch of
> people have voted.  But if so, you should announce that and let people
> re-vote with the new rules if they want to.

I'm not changing the rules; I am trying to properly interpret a judge's
clear, ranked ballot. While we've been discussing this, the judge HAS
confirmed that this was intended:
1) AAA
2) BBB
8 (yes, eight)) CCC

> Otherwise, just ask the
> voter to clarify whether he meant AAA > BBB > CCC or
> AAA > BBB > (other 5) > CCC, which are the two options allowed under
> the current rules.

Doing so now--thanks, folks, I think my question was answered ("no, fill
in the blanks with ties or the intended-last-place bubbles up above the
neutrals")!
David