RE: [Icehouse] CRP Ranking: Can It Skip Ranks?

  • FromAndrew Plotkin <erkyrath@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 7 Feb 2008 17:07:20 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 7 Feb 2008, David Artman wrote:

From: Doug Orleans <dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx>
I don't think it's a good idea to change the rules after a bunch of
people have voted.  But if so, you should announce that and let people
re-vote with the new rules if they want to.

I'm not changing the rules; I am trying to properly interpret a judge's
clear, ranked ballot. While we've been discussing this, the judge HAS
confirmed that this was intended:
1) AAA
2) BBB
8 (yes, eight)) CCC

To decrease confusion for next time, I recommend you stop asking for numbers. This question wouldn't have arisen if the ballot had looked like

AAA
BBB
CCC

The script doesn't accept numbers, so it misleads voters to imply that the numbers are meaningful.

Or else insist that the numbers are just row numbers, from 1 to the number of rows. Blank rows will be ignored, as they're meaningless.

--Z

*
You don't become a tyranny by committing torture. If you plan for torture,
argue in favor of torture, set up legal justifications for torturing
someday, then the moral rot has *already* set in.