Re: [Icehouse] Win2008 IGDC - Your Thoughts? (long; take your time)

  • FromDale Sheldon <dales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 18 Feb 2008 13:28:46 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 18 Feb 2008, Jorge Arroyo wrote:

After the relative success of last competition I thought things were looking
up, but I must say I'm pretty disappointed.

I was surprised, too. Last time, I was lamenting that I didn't get to play all the games that caught my eye. This time, I played just as many of the games... but none of them really grabbed me. It felt more like work than play at points. My fellow playtester and I quit and played Pylon instead. And so I just don't feel right submitting a ballot.

Perhaps the design restriction was *too* restrictive. I know it had good intent, but, apparently, it's really hard to make a great game with such a limitation.

Anyway; I say call it and count the votes.

--
Dale Sheldon
dales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx