Re: [Icehouse] Win2008 IGDC - Your Thoughts? (long; take your time)

  • From"Jorge Arroyo" <trozo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 18 Feb 2008 19:57:08 +0100
Fair enough, but it'd be helpful for all of us participants if you'd at least say what was the problem with our games. Maybe then we could improve them and make them interesting... That's the whole point of the competition (I think)

-Jorge

On Feb 18, 2008 7:28 PM, Dale Sheldon <dales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 18 Feb 2008, Jorge Arroyo wrote:

> After the relative success of last competition I thought things were looking
> up, but I must say I'm pretty disappointed.

I was surprised, too.  Last time, I was lamenting that I didn't get to
play all the games that caught my eye.  This time, I played just as many
of the games... but none of them really grabbed me.  It felt more like
work than play at points.  My fellow playtester and I quit and played
Pylon instead.  And so I just don't feel right submitting a ballot.

Perhaps the design restriction was *too* restrictive.  I know it had good
intent, but, apparently, it's really hard to make a great game with such a
limitation.

Anyway; I say call it and count the votes.

--
Dale Sheldon
dales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx