Re: [Icehouse] Proposal for next contest

  • FromAlan Anderson <aranders@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 24 Mar 2008 11:44:01 -0400
On Mar 23, 2008, at 3:52 PM, Jorge Arroyo wrote:

Here's something I've been thinking about that I'm pretty sure would make the next contest both more useful for designers and more fair overall: Require voters to add a small paragraph explaining their votes.

I agree that comments on the games help the designers, but how exactly would they make anything "more fair"?

In a concrete note, I'm still trying to figure out why Virus Fight was rated as bad as it was by some judges, especially other designers.

I thought that was adequately addressed already. It wasn't rated "bad" exactly; it was rated "I don't like it". It's the kind of game that appeals to some people, and turns off others. Nothing more than that. Fluxx and Treehouse have the same effect.