Re: [Icehouse] Proposal for next contest

  • FromChristopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 25 Mar 2008 11:06:45 -0700
On Tuesday, March 25, 2008, at 10:23AM, "Andrew Plotkin" <erkyrath@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>On Tue, 25 Mar 2008, Jorge Arroyo wrote:
>
>> Hi, let's hear more opinions about the latest suggestion: To require
>> contest entrants to submit a short paragraph of feedback for all the
>> other entries to the contest in order for their own entry to be valid
>> (about 3-5 lines of text), and to explicitly encourage judges to do the
>> same (although they won't be forced to do it).
>
>Sounds reasonable. Although if you find the contest getting a lot longer
>someday (fifteen entries, thirty or forty voters) you'd want to revoke
>that rule -- it would be neither practical nor necessary.

But this rule raises the barrier to entry for entrants, but not for judges.  It would, I think, make for more focused contests, as only those really serious about it would be entering their game.  I don't think there would be an increase in the number of entries.