Re: [Icehouse] Proposal for next contest

  • From"Ryan Hackel" <deeplogic@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 24 Mar 2008 08:10:26 -0400 (EDT)

I like this solution.  I recommend a note on the wiki's contest rules section that says something to the effect of "Since the real purpose of the IGDC is to improve contest entrants' designs, feedback on the games is highly encouraged.  Please take careful notes while trying each game, and be sure to pass them along to the designers after the results are announced."  Not a rules change, but a very strong suggestion.

---Ryan

 --- On Sun 03/23, Jorge Arroyo < trozo@xxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
From: Jorge Arroyo [mailto: trozo@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
To: icehouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 22:00:54 +0100
Subject: Re: [Icehouse] Proposal for next contest

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 9:38 PM, Dale Sheldon <dales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 23 Mar 2008, Jorge Arroyo wrote:
I know we discourage talking to much about the good an bad points of the
game during the contest, so as not to influence other judges; but I know
I've found that, once the contest is over, it's a lot harder to go back
and try to remember my thoughts after the fact, and to take the time to go
post them.That's exactly what happened to me, and I know next contest I'll be writing my thoguts right after playing the games. Even if I don't post them until after it's over...
-Jorge