Re: [Icehouse] Pyramids in mono/bulk

  • FromDavid Artman <david.artman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 26 Feb 2009 13:30:47 -0500
On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 12:57 PM, David L. Willson <DLWillson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
How do I buy pyramids in bulk?

http://store.looneylabs.com/Rainbow-Treehouse

But 10+ for bulk rates.

How do I buy mono-stashes?  I know that I can buy 5 Treehouse kits, but I started with Xeno, and I don't want to have both cyan and blue, they're just too close in color to be useful, IMHO.

You can't any longer, but perhaps someone Looney will chime in (or contact you off-list) to provide an opportunity to buy up remaining mono stock (if any).

As others have said, Blue and Cyan are lightyears apart. And you can't play Stacktors! without cyan (well, you can, but you lose cool Abilities: Morph Others (AKA Heal), Morph Self, and Flight). I also suspect some CMYK games to crop up, now that we have Pink stashes.

Oh, right--that's how you can buy up a lot of (one color of) monochrome; buy Pink Treehouse:
http://store.looneylabs.com/Pink-Treehouse

In case I actually get an answer to the first question, here's the next:  Has anyone painted the plastic pyramids?  Spray or brush?  Any hedzups for me?

Well, for painting, I'd personally use Clear and paint from the inside. Especially if the end goal is to add solid lead to weight them down (folks sometimes use sand or lead pellets in a pyramid, then seal the bottom with a thin plastic square).

The first idea I want to try is to paint up a gold set of skeletons (http://home.att.net/~kerry_and_ryan/Dcp_0259.jpg), with red, solid-lead pyramids inside them for weight.  I think that'd rock.

That would rock--how you going to make the lead? Melt into a negative of a mold cast from the pyramid's internal positive? (Keep in  mind that minor blems mean that no two pyramid internal volumes are identical.)

Why do we (not this list, but ML's in general, still use mailman, when it sucks so badly when compared to BBS/Forum type discussions?

*whistle* *whistle* *just keep walking* *not this time*

David Artman