Re: [Icehouse] Pyramids in mono/bulk

  • FromMichael Kohne <mhkohne@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 1 Mar 2009 17:24:59 -0500
If you want to try hardware store paints instead of hobby store
paints, look at Krylon. They have a plastic primer that lets you put
normal Krylon colors onto plastic. I've used it for once or twice with
no trouble, but never on something this small.

Mono stashes: I know that whatever didn't get converted to Treehouse
sets got sold off, because I bought some at the time (The nice folks
at Loony Labs were kind enough to announce the transition and give us
some leeway to buy mono stashes). If you can't find mono stashes
anywhere else, you're gonna just have to buy sets. On the plus side, I
would bet that you could sell of any excess mono stashes you were left
with on Ebay without taking a loss.

If you are just going to paint them, then you might look at pink
treehouse - it's the only available mono-colored stash, and the bulk
pricing starts at 6 units, unlike the 10 units of the treehouse sets.
On the other hand, that doesn't get you the exact colors you might
want.