Re: [Icehouse] Pyramids in mono/bulk

  • FromCarl Worth <cworth@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 26 Feb 2009 11:18:01 -0800
On Thu, 2009-02-26 at 13:34 -0500, Marc Hartstein wrote:
> Lack of search a search box on the mailman archive page does strike me
> as an annoying 'feature' of mailman.  It shouldn't be too hard to
> implement; I wonder if they've done so already.  I similarly find the
> inability to download the *entire* archive in a single tarball to be
> frustrating; I can easily write a script to download all the monthlies,
> but I shouldn't have to.
>
> I believe Google indexes this mailing list, so you might try doing a
> search through there.

For a mailman-based list that I run I was able to easily add a
google-based search field to the archives's HTML template. You can see
the result here:

http://lists.cairographics.org/archives/cairo/

And the HTML snippet necessary is as simple as this, (obviously with a
substitution for the correct looneylabs.com host name for the sitsearch
field):

    <form method="get" action="http://www.google.com/search";>
	<input type="text" name="q" size="31" maxlength="255" value="" />
	<input type="submit" value="Google Search" />
	<input type="hidden" name="sitesearch"
	        value="lists.freedesktop.org/archives/cairo/" />
    </form>

So someone with administrative access to the archives might be able to
easily make an addition like that.

-Carl