Re: [Icehouse] Poll: How Do You Store?

  • FromDavid Artman <david.artman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 3 Mar 2009 14:51:56 -0500
My replies:

Q1) How do you store your pyramids? Be specific (e.g. stacks of nests in tubes in a Purple Bag; nests upright in a custom wooden box with foam padding; etc).

Stacks nests of monochrome stashes in tubes, laid flat in a Dexas case binder (rings removed) in rainbow order. Surrounded by various other accessories for playing games (beads, dice, Tarot, boards, coasters, bandannas, wedges, books, printouts).

Q2) How did you purchase your collection of pyramids? Be specific (e.g. all mono stashes, over years; some mono, some Treehouse; all Treehouse, except for gray and pink; etc).

All monochrome stashes, bought over time, in fits and starts. Gray ordered with Carrots when made available. Pink most recently. Two Treehouse sets bought individually, for quick setup of 1HOUSE and 2HOUSE games. (Bought all IH products except the WW5 board and 3HOUSE book--for the former, I want to laminate the one I got in the mail; and for the latter, I already have printouts of the games, except for Black Ice.)

Q3) Do you think your storage solution is impacted by the product package? If so, how so?

Yes; I chose my case binder based on the dimensions of 11 tubes. Now I have to fit 12. ;)

Further, given the shift to boxes for all future colors (where's our brown, man?! *whine*), I am thinking of a new solution which gets totally away from the packaging dependence, which should also facilitate speedy setup and clean up. I do this now with card games: all go into long CCG storage boxes, so I have all expansions and variations in one place without fiddling with tuck boxes.

No idea what I'll do for "12-color Icehouse + 2-spectrum Treehouse + gear" yet. I'm REALLY close to doing it with a miniatures case that has customizable foam interior (i.e. the tear-out cubes). There's a lot of styles from which to choose, it would be simple to also have space for accessories and books and notebooks (for printouts), and the pyramids would look like some kind of futuristic weapons or nestled jewels, cradled tightly in black foam.