Re: [Icehouse] Poll: How Do You Store?

  • FromSam Zitin <sammyz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 3 Mar 2009 16:26:23 -0500
> Q1) How do you store your pyramids? Be specific (e.g. stacks of nests in
> tubes in a Purple Bag; nests upright in a custom wooden box with foam
> padding; etc).

In tubes, in the 2" thick foam tray of a Crystal Caste Battlehive.
There are 5 "columns" of tubes.  The foam is plucked all the way to
the bottom of the tray and each column holds two tubes stacked on top
of each other.  The extra Treehouse set sits on the top accessory tray
of the case.  I don't have a grey stash and the pink are just sitting
in their box separately from the whole deally.

> Q2) How did you purchase your collection of pyramids? Be specific (e.g. all
> mono stashes, over years; some mono, some Treehouse; all Treehouse, except
> for gray and pink; etc).

BRYG were bought as the original plastic boxed Martian Chess set.
Black and Clear were bought along with the hemp bag as the Black Ice
set.  All the others were bought monochrome stashwise.  I also have 1
Treehouse set for the die and to keep a multicolored stash together.

> Q3) Do you think your storage solution is impacted by the product package?
> If so, how so?

If the tubes had never been introduced, I may have undertaken the same
packing solution (foam trays) with individual spots picked for nests
as David has hinted at.  One of the more elegant storage solutions I
have seen was someone using a fishing tackle box that had an
incorporated handle and 15 or so compartments each of which could hold
a stash of pyramids (the others held accessories).  If there were no
tubes I might very well use something like this.  Originally I kept
all the pieces loose in the hemp bag but realized they were getting a
little worn down that way.  The tubes seemed the solution to prevent
this, and the foam tray and gaming case was just a way to make them
look cool coming out of it.  It does make a particularly effective
case though, all my card games are in the bottom and trays sitting on
top of those hold some prized dice and my pyramids.

I had originally kept