Re: [Icehouse] Poll: How Do You Store?

  • From"Jeff Wolfe" <jwolfe@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 3 Mar 2009 20:30:03 -0500
> Q1) How do you store your pyramids? Be specific (e.g. stacks of nests in
> tubes in a Purple Bag; nests upright in a custom wooden box with foam
> padding; etc).

I have a cardboard box that originally contained file folders, in which I
store all of my Looney Labs stuff (or almost all, see below).  The box is
surprisingly sturdy, considering its original contents.  In one corner of
the box, I have a group of Icehouse/Treehouse tubes that is 4 wide by 3
high.  The height of three tubes pretty much exactly matches the height of
the box, which is cool.  I originally bought 11 colors of pyramids in
monochrome tubes, although I've repackaged the Rainbow colors into Treehouse
sets (without dice), since it's more convenient when I want 1House or 3House
(which happens a lot).  In the last year, I've also acquired a few actual
Treehouse sets that were still marked at $8 or $9 a set--one of those fills
out my 4x3 block, one is loose in my game tub (easier to dig out than the
whole file-folder-box) and one is in my car.  The file-folder-box also
contains all sorts of pyramid-support bits: game boards (Volcano/WW5/etc),
gaming stones, dice (regular and Treehouse), cards for Zark City and
Gnostica, a cloth bag, game rules (PwP, 3House, and various printouts), and
more.  The box also has my collection of non-pyramid Looney Labs games.

> Q2) How did you purchase your collection of pyramids? Be specific (e.g.
all
> mono stashes, over years; some mono, some Treehouse; all Treehouse, except
> for gray and pink; etc).

Monochrome stashes in 11 colors, plus a few Treehouse sets.  I acquired them
over time, with the last of the monochrome sets purchased when the rabbit
support program was discontinued.  A friend has a Pink Treehouse set with my
name on it whenever we manage to get it to me.

> Q3) Do you think your storage solution is impacted by the product package?
> If so, how so?

Yes, I still use the tubes.