Re: [Icehouse] Zendo rules

  • From"Daniel W. Johnson" <panoptes@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 9 Mar 2009 23:59:22 -0400
At 19:57 -0500 2009-03-09, Doug Orleans wrote:
Playing With Pyramids says in multiple places that a koan has one or
more pyramids.  The null koan is an obvious variant that lots of
people allow, but I prefer to disallow it because of the ambiguity of
rules like "contains only grounded pyramids".

The usual reason I see for disallowing it is that a marked null koan looks like "Someone dropped a marking stone on that unused section of table".

Still, it's good for the Master to think about it when creating a rule, to make sure there isn't any ambiguity with things like "all" or "any".
--
Daniel W. Johnson
panoptes@xxxxxxxxxx