Re: [Icehouse] Zendo rules

  • FromKarl von Laudermann <karlvonl@xxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 9 Mar 2009 19:51:10 -0400

On Mar 8, 2009, at 11:41 PM, Timothy Hunt wrote:

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 10:37 AM, Karl von Laudermann <karlvonl@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I find that "A koan has the Buddha nature if it consists entirely of
pieces." comes up more often than I'd like. :-) But, I tried to strike a good balance between practicality and variety. If you get an unusable rule,
either tweak it or try again.

How does the Master create a koan without the Buddha nature, given
that the Null Koan is explicitly disallowed?

Huh? Since when is the null koan disallowed? This must be a (relatively) recent rule change, because my group has always used the null koan.

Anyway, in this case, ignore that rule and hit the button again.

--
                Karl von Laudermann
                karlvonl@xxxxxxx