Re: [Icehouse] Zendo rules

  • FromChristopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 10 Mar 2009 07:16:50 -0400
On Mar 9, 2009, at 8:57 PM, Doug Orleans wrote:

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 6:51 PM, Karl von Laudermann <karlvonl@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Huh? Since when is the null koan disallowed? This must be a (relatively)
recent rule change, because my group has always used the null koan.

Playing With Pyramids says in multiple places that a koan has one or
more pyramids.  The null koan is an obvious variant that lots of
people allow, but I prefer to disallow it because of the ambiguity of
rules like "contains only grounded pyramids".

Could somebody explain the ambiguity of this rule in relation to the null koan? Clearly the null koan doesn't contain any pyramids, let alone only grounded ones. How could anyone think this could be marked anything but no?