Re: [Icehouse] Treehouse Chutes & Ladders

  • FromAvri Klemer <avri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 01 Jul 2009 11:12:46 -0400
I read it as "every turn other than the first" . . .

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alan Anderson" <aranders@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Icehouse Discussion List" <icehouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 11:08 AM
Subject: Re: [Icehouse] Treehouse Chutes & Ladders

On Jul 1, 2009, at 10:21 AM, Bryan Stout wrote:

- On every other turn, roll 2 dice, and use one roll for one of your
pieces, the other one for a piece belonging to another player.

I assume you're supposed to roll a single die on the alternate turns and just move one of your pieces as described for the first turn. Though that's not explicitly stated, I think it's a reasonable interpretation. The other possible option, skipping alternate turns, would have everyone skip a turn at the same time, which would have the same effect as nobody skipping a turn. :)

It seems a fiddly rule -- do you have a specific reason for doing it every other turn instead of every turn? When you played, how did you make sure you remembered which "every other turn" you're in? I suppose a single global indicator would work, as everybody would be doing it one round, then nobody, then everybody again.