Re: [Icehouse] The numbers of Treehouse

  • FromJonas Kölker <jonaskoelker@xxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 28 Jul 2009 03:29:49 +0200
On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 09:33:57AM -0500, Timothy Hunt wrote:
> No.  If you roll wild, you can choose to apply the an action to the
> house
Once again, I stand corrected.

Sigh... next time, I'll read my mail _three_ times before sending it ;-)

As a sad addendum, it turns out my numbers are wrong, too, but due to poor
counting skills, not a poor understanding of the rules.  I've found out by
having my computer count for me.  I need only implement and bugfix DIG before
posting corrected numbers, in addition to some new and interesting statistics.

... as it turns out, the move types (rolls) are not equal with respect to how
many positions they _can't_ reach.

I think (but I'll do a BFS search once I get the DIG edges on-line) that you
can transform a tree to the default house in four moves and no less, for
instance by tip/3*aim or 2*hop/2*aim.  You can transform the house into a tree
in two moves (2*hop), though.

--
Jonas Kölker <jonaskoelker@xxxxxxx> <URL:http://jonaskoelker.ignorelist.com>