Re: [Icehouse] The numbers of Treehouse

  • From"Martin Jung" <martin.jung@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 31 Jul 2009 15:19:46 +0200
Hi Jonas!
I guess you're right.
Anyway, I wanted to point out that you can find a link to a PDF of the
extended rules version on
http://www.wunderland.com/icehouse/Treehouse/Rules.html

Greetings, Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: icehouse-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:icehouse-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Jonas Kölker
Gesendet: Freitag, 31. Juli 2009 15:11
An: Icehouse Discussion List
Betreff: Re: [Icehouse] The numbers of Treehouse

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 07:52:57AM -0400, Christopher Hickman wrote:
> On Jul 27, 2009, at 9:29 PM, Jonas Kölker wrote:
>
> >You can transform the house into a tree in two moves (2*hop), though.
>
> What two moves?  You can only hop the queen

I think There must be something we disagree on.  Either the terminology, the
starting position (of the house) or the set of valid moves (in particular of
the HOP type).

I assume the terminology is this: queen=3, drone=2, pawn=1 (pip-count-wise).

The starting position is this:

 - Drone pointing left
 - Pawn standing upright
 - Queen pointing right

(that, or the same mirrored around the pawn, which shouldn't matter)

The two HOP moves are these:

1. Hop the pawn onto the drone
2. Hop the pawn/drone stack onto the queen

As far as I read the rules (from my treehouse tubes) these are valid HOP
moves.

Let me know if you think I've gotten any of this wrong.

--
Jonas Kölker <jonaskoelker@xxxxxxx> <URL:http://jonaskoelker.ignorelist.com>