Re: [Icehouse] The numbers of Treehouse

  • From"Jeff Wolfe" <jwolfe@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 28 Jul 2009 09:46:17 -0400
> From: Jonas K?lker <jonaskoelker@xxxxxxx>
> I think (but I'll do a BFS search once I get the DIG edges on-line) that
you
> can transform a tree to the default house in four moves and no less, for
> instance by tip/3*aim or 2*hop/2*aim.  You can transform the house into a
tree
> in two moves (2*hop), though.
>
> From: Christopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx>
> What two moves?  You can only hop the queen and putting it on top of
> either the remaining pieces does not set you up for a tree in another
> hop, as the queen must be on the bottom, topped by the drone, which is
> in turn topped by the pawn.

The original upright piece is the small (pawn).  So a hop with the small
onto the medium (drone), then a hop with the pair onto the large (queen)
works.

However, a tip and three aims of your own pieces will not get a tree to
match the house, because they will not be in the right order.  As an
alternative to HOP/HOP/AIM/AIM, you can match the house with four moves of
SWAP, TIP, AIM, and (either AIM or DIG).  If the SWAP is first, the TIP must
be second.  If the SWAP is not first, the TIP must be first.  Otherwise,
they can be done in any order.  If you do the AIM/DIG before the SWAP, you
can use HOP instead of SWAP.

SWAP: Small and Medium
TIP: All three pieces
AIM: Large