Re: [Icehouse] Highly Portable Chess board Suggestion?

  • FromElliott C. Evans <eeyore@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 01 Oct 2009 09:44:44 EDT
For a highly portable chessboard, I second the recommendation for
just making your own from check print fabric. I know Jo-Ann fabric
keeps this in their "Novelty Prints" section with all the NASCAR
fabric.

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat3162&PRODID=prd39346

If you don't have the equipment or ability to sew a nice border on
after cutting, soak a little bit of glue into the edges to keep
them from fraying. They make a special glue for this called "Fray
Check", but if your budget is limited most any glue is OK.

--
Elliott C. Evans
eeyore@xxxxxxxx

PS -