Re: [Icehouse] Highly Portable Chess board Suggestion?

  • FromRoger Burton West <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 1 Oct 2009 00:46:06 +0100
On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 05:54:55PM -0400, Nick Lamicela wrote:
>What you really ought to do is make an 8x8 board and then tie the ends into
>a bag, because then it does double duty and takes up less space.

That was what I'd originally planned with mine, but it turned out to be
impracticable - not all the Icehouse pieces will get used for a given
game, and a flattenable bag needs a _lot_ of fabric and drawstring. I
ended up with this (scale in inches):

http://firedrake.org/roger/icehouse/

If I can work out a way for me to put Eeyore's sgements into cloth form,
I will do so...