Re: [Icehouse] Highly Portable Chess board Suggestion?

  • FromMichael Kohne <mhkohne@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 16 Oct 2009 10:25:07 -0400
On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 12:37 AM, Jason Darrah <fsckmydisk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Now I want to get a chessboard thong for my girlfriend. She'd probably hit
> me though. :D
>
> I had an idea for Eeyore's chessboard segments. Printing them onto iron on
> printer paper things and transferring them to different colored mouse pads,
> then cutting the excess along the edges with an exacto knife. They'd line up
> pretty well and the rubber bottoms would keep them from sliding (which is
> the only problem I've had using Eeyore's chessboard segments). Plus they
> should be durable and be flexible enough to hold up well in a game bag. I
> haven't had the time or spare cash to get a few of these printed up, but it
> seems like a cool idea.

I wonder if there might not be an easier approach than hacking up
mouse pads - it should be possible to get sheet rubber with an
adhesive backing. This could be applied to the back side of Eeyore
segments that are printed on cardstock and laminated with clear shelf
paper (or equivalent) and the whole assembly trimmed to size. Assuming
sheet rubber can be found at reasonable prices, this would be pretty
inexpensive.