Re: [Icehouse] Wherefore 3HOUSE?

  • From"Ryan McGuire" <ryanmcguire@xxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 2 May 2010 11:38:55 -0400
I don't know any of the details of the production of 3House, but I do have
one minor brainstorming idea:

Include three small grey pyramids (i.e. Volcano) in each 3House set.

1. When someone buys two 3House sets, they'll have all the 'mids they need
for Volcano.  (...and then some)
2. Maybe the rules for Black Ice could be modified to include small greys as
some sort of "wild card" code.
3. Having tried both, I think I prefer a small cap instead of a large base
to designate my home system in Binary Homeworlds.  Of course, no such
designator is REALLY needed in a two-player game since by convention your
home system is the only one in the row closest to you.  Once you move up to
3- or 4-player Homeworlds with Large blacks as a base, you could also use a
small grey/black under the large black as a good/evil marker.  Lastly, you
could use a grey piece as a "current player" marker.  The fact that it's a
color not already used in the game will make it stand out more.  (If you use
the small greys as home system markers, then use a black piece as a turn
marker.

Granted, 2 and 3 are each a bit of a stretch.  I think giving folks ALL the
pieces they need to play Volcano once they buy two 3House sets is reason
enough to consider it.

There is still the problem of how to provide a Volcano board.  But hey, I
said this was just a brainstorm idea, not a fully fleshed-out strategy.

Ryan