Re: [Icehouse] Wherefore 3HOUSE?

  • From"David L. Willson" <DLWillson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 5 May 2010 09:40:39 -0600 (MDT)
Here are my two cents:

Have you all seen this page here? http://wunderland.com/WhatsOld/2008/WN.02.21.08.html

That's the page that caused me to start this thread. If the bundle pictured is $34.95 USD, I'll buy at least 3 of them. If it's less, I'll buy at least 4.

I think the card on the back should have the IGO URL for more games, the LL URL for more parts, and instructions on "how to host a pyramid party". Icehouse could be the next Tupperware, or... whatever.

I believe in the current minimal packaging (no trash) model of marketing. I don't need more crap to throw away, and I enjoy coming up with newer, better ways to carry my kit around. I found it annoying at first, but after 3 rounds, I enjoy it. Weird...

And I really enjoy that I've never thrown away anything I bought from LL, except a tiny bit of shrink-wrap here and there, because I can hear the planet screaming every time I put something in the trash. :-S

Have I mentioned that I'll buy at least 3 of these for Christmas presents if they come in at $34.95? Or more if they're less? Oh, good.

These games are good online, but they're better in person. How can we support each other in creating more region-specific activity, like a player registry or something? ie: Wouldn't it be great if the 3rd thing on the card was, "How to find other players in your area" or "How to start an Icehouse Chapter"

David L. Willson
Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
MCT MSCE Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 NovellCLA UbuntuCP
tel://720.333.LANS
Freeing people from the tyranny (or whatevery) of Microsofty-ness