Re: [Icehouse] Wherefore 3HOUSE?

  • FromNick Lamicela <nupanick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 4 May 2010 19:01:33 -0400
Just so we're clear on this, most games can be played with six staches: five transparent and one opaque. So why not have the current 3House plan and then an "expansion" that contains two more treehouse of the same color, plus an extra transparent set, like pink?

That's how I store mine anyway. I put three rainbow sets in their tubes because I use those most, and then there are two more rainbow sets and the pink ones all stuffed into the pink treehouse box. I can play volcano with this set simply by setting aside the black mediums and larges.
~nupanick

On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 9:59 PM, Ross Andrews <lists@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On May 2, 2010, at 8:52 PM, TheLoneGoldfish wrote:

> Actually, I've been showing off volcano a lot over the last few weeks... and the caps seem kind of unnecessary.
>
> It is very rare that there will be a situation on the board that requires you move the caps in a way that you cannot, and most of the brainpower of the game is looking at what's under the caps (trying to get piece X or X pieces)...

That's true until you start playing with more advanced tactics. Knowing when and how to keep the caps away from something is really valuable, and definitely possible.