Re: [Icehouse] "Best of 2009" Procedure

  • FromBryan Stout <stoutwb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 18 Jun 2010 00:06:13 -0400
Here are some of my responses, leaving longer comments for last:

Award name: That may have been determined by what was printed in the
Lab Report.  I've asked what they put, and am waiting to hear back
from them.

Supplies: In addition to chessboards, dice and Martian Coasters, we
also need Volcano boards for Crosswalk.

Rules: I think it would be nice to have 3-fold fliers for each game,
similar to what was done for Zark City or Nothing Beats a Large.

Poster: Sound good.  Could you post a link to a a sketch of what your
were thinking?

Semi-finalists: I'm willing to have semi-finalists be available, too.
They'd need their own fliers and supplies, of course.

Trophy: I've started checking local trophy shops about making a 1-off
trophy, similar to what I posted a while ago.  It will cost less than
$10, so I was willing to cover it myself.  But what did you have in
mind?  We all might like that better.

Voting: Actually, there several issues about this, so I'll save it for
a separate response.

VOLUNTEERS: We need volunteers to do several tasks.  Some tasks may
take more than one person, so look this over and see how you'd like to
help:

- Provide game supplies: Scott

- Write rules fliers: Bryan (maybe)

- Copy rules fliers:

- Make poster: Scott

- Make trophy: Bryan?, Scott?

- Set up table:

- Demo/play games: Bryan (when free, which may not be much)

Sign on up!
Bryan