Re: [Icehouse] "Best of 2009" Procedure

  • FromS Myers <iamthecheeze@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 18 Jun 2010 09:58:39 -0400
On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 1:55 AM, Bryan Stout <stoutwb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ... a space for the voter's convention badge number ...

Or, more likely, their Lab Number.  Good idea.

> - Should we ask/require voters to play all games before voting?

I could walk in right now and cast a vote, because I have played every
game multiple times, ya know?  But to require everyone to play all 3
before voting might deter voters more than anything.  We should
heavily *encourage* people to play them all before voting.  But
enforcing a requirement is probably near impossible, and maybe not
needed.

> - I was thinking of having people mark 1, 2, or 3 by each game,

With 3 options, I don't think this will be a statistically useful
dynamic.  But you're right, it would encourage people to play them
all.  Not needed, but maybe useful.  I like the idea of simply voting
fFor the one you like most, because that makes it really easy to count
votes without any math at all.

> - Getting votes by email ...

Oh, interesting.  I hadn't even thought of this.  Maybe a little
tricky to orchestrate, but basically simple I suppose.  I get email on
my droid, so I can just check mail while I'm at the con.  fFor
example.

--
A pizza with the radius 'z' and thickness 'a'
has the volume pi*z*z*a.