Re: [Icehouse] "Best of 2009" Procedure

  • FromBryan Stout <stoutwb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 18 Jun 2010 01:55:07 -0400
As far as voting is concerned, there are several points worth discussing:

- I think we should take a reasonable precaution against
ballot-stuffing, without getting too paranoid about it.  At least, on
the ballot there could be a space for the voter's convention badge
number, and the TD or whoever could write the person's number onto the
ballot before giving it to them.  Ballots, when returned, are filed in
numerical order; when counted, those with no number or duplicate
numbers are thrown out.

- Should we ask/require voters to play all games before voting?  On
one extreme, we could require voters to sit in the Labs and play each
game before getting a ballot; on the other end, we could just give
them out to anyone with no requirements; in the middle, we could have
a space for the voter to initial each game they have played.  Other
options are of course possible.

- I was thinking of having people mark 1, 2, or 3 by each game,
ranking the finalists.  This is hardly more complicated than picking
one, and encourages playing all of them.

- Getting votes by email would take a separate procedure, and requires
someone to be the recipient, among other things.

Bryan