[Icehouse] [Zendo] Rule clarification [rule against external references]

  • FromBrian McCue <brianmccue22312@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 29 Jul 2011 13:16:03 -0700 (PDT)
The Zendo rules forbid external references, other than to the surface on which the pieces rest: BNs can't refer to, e.g.,  "a flat pyramid pointing North," or "the pyramid nearest the Master," or even "the pyramid nearest the edge of the table."

Last night, a player wanted to know if the BN could be something like "the shadow of a large pyramid falls upon a small pyramid." I said no, on the grounds that it was a forbidden external reference, but then somebody asked what was external about it, and I had a hard time saying.

Was I right anyway?

Brian