Re: [Icehouse] [Zendo] Another Spock Rule question

  • FromShadowfirebird <shadowfirebird@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 5 Aug 2011 15:56:21 +0100

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 1:18 PM, Dale Newfield <dale@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 8/5/11 4:05 AM, shadowfirebird@gmail wrote:
I'm not trying to impose my viewpoint on anyone else.

but then:

the written rules should change

Make up your mind.

Do you really not understand why your posts are being perceived by some as trolling?

Yes, I really don't.   I'm not looking to start an argument or upset anyone.  You?

Also, please don't quote me out of context.  what I actually said was: "if it seems likely that the majority of players will employ such a house rule, then in an ideal world, maybe the written rules should change too."

I say "maybe" and "if the majority agree" and "in an ideal world", and you read that as my somehow imposing my will on others and demanding that the rules be changed just for me?  I don't think that that's a rational interpretation.

This is a forum for all icehouse players and I have as much right to express my opinion here as anyone else.  If you don't agree with my opinion, feel free to tell me so.  If we all thought the same it would make for a very boring discussion.  But please don't bother with the ad hominems.  It just makes you look silly.