Re: [Icehouse] [Zendo] Another Spock Rule question

  • FromJoshua Kronengold <mneme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 04 Aug 2011 11:15:56 -0400
Shadowfirebird <shadowfirebird@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>If we're agreed that it is a poor rule, then rather than trying to
>decide
>whether it is valid according to the One True Rules (which is at best
>academic), maybe we should be trying to find an interpretation of the
>rules
>that makes it invalid.  Or, the problem with the rules as written which
>means it is valid when it should not be.

Here's the thing--I don't think it should be invalid.  It's a reductio example of of a too hard rule, but there are plenty of other rules in that spectrum that are, and should be valid rules.

Depending on what direction you"re going, rules in that spectrum which aren't necessarily too hard are:

Bn iff consists of a single stack, and that stack is in alphabetical order by color. (Violet = violet, clear = clear)

Bn iff the koan contains a color that was present on the shirt I was wearing when the game started.

Bn iff it exactly matches the starting koan.