Re: [Rabbits] music for demo

  • From"Carol Townsend" <carol.townsend@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 26 Jul 2006 08:43:50 -0500
Nobody has yet mentioned the Mamas and the Papas?!?  Their songs
"California Dreamin" and "San Francisco (Flowers in your Hair)" are
about as hippie as can be.

One reviewer I found online said: "The leading California-based vocal
group of the '60s, the Mamas & the Papas epitomized the ethos of mid-
to late-'60s pop culture: live free, play free, and love free. Their
music, built around radiant harmonies and a solid electric-folk
foundation, was gorgeous on its own terms, but a major part of its
appeal lay in the easygoing Southern California lifestyle it
endorsed."

Carol
-she who loves tight harmonies wherever they are found