RE: [Rabbits] Convention Roster

  • From"Christopher Hickman" <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 19 Jul 2007 14:43:08 -0400
> Can you show me an example of a "badge-style template",
> or give me a good description, so I can understand how
> that creates the functionality I'm looking for?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:User_Macintosh

This template on wikipedia when added to your user page as {{User
Macintosh}} adds a little badge that says "This user contributes using a
Macintosh computer."  It also adds the user to the Wikipedians who use
Macintosh computers category.

As for the benefits of this versus a database solution, I'd need to know
what results you need from the solution to tell you if this has the
functionality you are looking for.  If you want to have a easy list of whose
going to what con, this will do it.  If you need to have a list of anybody
who attends ANY con, this can do that do, providing that a higher-level
category for "attends conventions" is included in the template.