RE: [Rabbits] Convention Roster

  • DateThu, 19 Jul 2007 10:58:40 -0700
-------- Original Message --------
From: Marc Hartstein <marc.hartstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
and while the Wiki can duplicate this functionality, it doesn't look
like it lends itself to presenting nearly as nice a UI to it.

Hmmm.... Giving it some thought, I don't see a reason why conventions
couldn't become Categories at the wiki, and you just add them to your
User page with the [[Category:convention_name]] code.

Meanwhile, our (currently external) links to conventions could become
internal links to the Categories, using the
[[:Category:convention_name]][ syntax (note the leading colon).

THEN, we just put the main conventions sites' links as part of the
Category pages' descriptions.

Done deal: you can add yourself to a "roster" and you show up on the
Category page for each con. You can see other attendees, and you can
even extend the con (Category) description to include things like a
schedule of events or planning (on it's Talk page).

Heck, it seems MORE powerful as well as more consolidated and useful
than the only way at LL.com. To me, at least--I'm gonna do my
conventions today, in fact.
:)
David