RE: [Rabbits] Convention Roster

  • From"Christopher Hickman" <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 19 Jul 2007 14:32:22 -0400
> The [[Category:convention_name]] tag is slightly
> unintuitive, and it requires editing your user page and
> typing in a code which requires balancing brackets.
>
> As I mentioned above, making a convention a Category
> is somewhat unintuitive.  While I think it will probably
> have the desired behavior, it feels a bit kludgy to me.
> It could just be an issue of nomenclature, though.

The best way to do that is the same way that wikipedia does their user
badges.  That is, as a template that *includes* the category, so instead of
having to manually add [[Category:GenCon]], you'd put {{attends_GenCon}} in
your user page and get a little badge that shows that you attend on your
user page and have your user page automatically added to the GenCon Category
page.