[Rabbits] Gen Con UK, 30th August-2nd September, Reading University

  • From"Jennifer Waddington" <very_evil_kitten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 28 Jul 2007 10:44:56 +0100

Brave Rabbits, do you hear the call?

No?

Listen again: GEN CON UK STARTS ON THE 30TH AUGUST!

Now pop your eardrums back into place and get your bags packed...because it's going to have to be *shock, horror, gasp* _organised_ this time around. (Yes, I know it's always organised, but this year it's going to need more advance planning than usual to fit everyone around what's happening.)

If you're going to be attending this convention - details at http://www.consupport.com/index.asp?Con=61 - and wish to Rabbit, please get in touch with me on-list, via email or the ukrabbits Livejournal community. There are already problems arising from first-contact-with-the-enemy.

Our natural enemies, the clicky-base people, have changed the time of their corporate party to run opposite our Fluxx Party (Coincidence? Hah!), so that's had to be altered, throwing out the fact that we actually had extra people to help then (and don't at the new time). So many of us are involved in the execution (running and playing) of the annual Paranoia LARP that it's easier to call it 'a Mad Lab Rabbit production' and shut down for that slot. I have to spend several slots with GM commitments, and some others need to do volunteer work in order for their accommodation to be affordable.

Basically, it can be sorted - but only if I know exactly what's going on.

Please note that due to the byzantine Health & Safety regs over here, cooking for the party isn't an option - it's bags of crisps and commercially-produced cakes. The cookie jar we've had at other conventions is borderline anyway. (I'm just saying this before anyone goes shopping for ingredients.)

Now, back to writing the D&D Masters...

Jennifer

The next generation of Hotmail is here!  http://www.newhotmail.co.uk