Re: [Rabbits] Monty Python Fluxx Question

  • From"Bryan Stout" <bryan.stout@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 18 Dec 2008 08:34:55 -0500
[I had sent this on Tues., but it got rejected.  Second attempt]

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 11:53 AM, Marissa Wills
<crystallineangel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The Catapult. It can launch stuff at others, and it says during a turn. > Is > this ANYONE's turn, or only your own? It came up in play because the > person
> could have prevented someone else from winning before they played their
> other card if it was capable of being used EVERY turn.

I'm certain the intent is only during your turn. One of the unwritten design rules of Fluxx is that you can only play cards during your turn. (I pushed against this boundary with my own Keepers 16 Ton Weight and BBC Announcement which you could discard to invoke them while not your turn, if they were already on the table.)

The more I think about it though ... it's not playing a card per se, just using it ... hmm. Excuse me ...

Well, after looking at my decks I still cannot think of any official Keeper or Creeper whose behavior you can invoke outside your turn. The closest I could find is the Zombie Repellent, which would passively repel any Zombies you got outside your turn. So I'm reasonably certain Andy has never released an official Keeper that you use when it's not your turn. The "once per turn" phrase was to limit your use during your turn, not to expand its use to other turns.

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 12:00 PM, Rev. Bob