Re: [Rabbits] Thoughts on being a Starship Captain

  • FromChris Goodwin <cgoodwin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 08 Nov 2010 17:28:20 -0800
Carol Townsend wrote:
I've just read through Andy's post:
http://www.wunderland.com/WhatsOld/2010/WN.11.08.10.html

...and the connecting link to what we fans/rabbits/demo monkeys are now called:
http://www.wunderland.com/icehouse/StarshipCaptains/Default.html

...and I'm not sure I grok this.

First, I'll admit that I haven't played IceDice, which will be the
newest incarnation of the pyramids now that Treehouse and all previous
versions of the pyramids are retired.  It seems to me that the new
appellation of "Starship Captains" is very pyramid-player-centric.  As
per the site, you must know at least 10 pyramid games, but there is no
stated requirement to know *any* card game.
I may be wrong, but I gather from reading that the Looney Game Technician is still the new name for Rabbit, and that Starship Captain is more of a pyramid promoter.

--
Chris Goodwin
cgoodwin@xxxxxxxxx