Re: [Rabbits] Thoughts on being a Starship Captain

  • FromChristopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 08 Nov 2010 22:26:56 -0500
On Nov 8, 2010, at 10:06 PM, Kristin Looney wrote:

Sorry that was confusing! Yes, the Starship Captain stuff is just the pyramids side of the new fan club stuff. Since it is taking me so long to get a new fan club web site launched and he wanted to share his new ideas for the pyramids side of things... he put up this page of rambling not yet fully formed ideas to get feedback on what we are working on building... names are all up for debate and subject to change!

The WWNews intro email set me up to understand this from the correct point of view by saying, "In this update, Andy talks about the new name (Starship Captains) for big fans of the pyramids." I get it. There are definitely different demographics at play here. The serious Homeworlds pure strategy player (or a potential one) might resonate much better with a "Starship Captain" than a "Looney Tech" or especially a "Rabbit."

The fact that a new "special breed" of Tech exists doesn't mean that other Techs can't eschew that hard-core dynamic altogether and continue to happily and peaceably demo Aquarius and Fluxx. In short, there's plenty of variety in Looney games, and it's totally cool (and a good idea, business-wise) to cater to different audiences in appropriate ways.

That's my two cents. Spend it how you like.

Topher