Looney Labs Educators Mailing list Archive

Re: [Edu] Games in the Classroom

  • FromRagnardove@xxxxxxx
  • DateThu, 6 Apr 2006 09:29:51 EDT
In a message dated 4/4/2006 10:12:59 P.M. Central Standard Time, magid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I do teach kids with cognitive impairments (mental retardation),
emotional disturbance, speech language impairment, etc.
Just checking... how able are your kids to work with math manipulatives?  (I'm thinking specifically of the pyramids here...)  Would your kids be in any danger from the small 'mids?  If not, I bet you can adapt some of those games (I'm thinking of Volcano, Treehouse, etc) to your class... and there can be ways to bring math into it (how may points - pip count - are in this row after a move, etc).

Just my tuppence for today...
Carol