Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Volity Fluxx 3.1 online

  • From"S Mattison" <s.mattison@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 14 May 2006 14:33:33 -0700
Well, first of all, they would have to force the server to tell the client every move that the bots make, regardless of whether or not the clients want the delay. It shouldn't take too long for the extra instructions to be transferred to each client. You'd lose entire milliseconds, or maybe even seconds, based on the client-server architecture.

The clients that have no delay timed in, however, would not experience the same thing as the clients that want to see the bots card plays, played out. Therefore, those watching "the action" may be inquired to "move already!" by those who have it set to instant. Another option would be to add a tagline under each player as to what their current status is. [Watching the action], [Waiting for you], or [Choosing cards] as the case may be.

I don't claim to know what the architecture is like, but I'm sure these features are probably fairly complicated to implement, unless the client-server software is already set up to incorporate such things.