Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] the printed rules to Fluxx

  • From"Laurie J. Rich" <knitmeapony@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 30 Jan 2007 10:48:40 -0600
Keep the 'Dive Right in', then the following:

In terms of organization, may I suggest a step-by-step round of the
game?  There are four kinds of cards, so a four player game would
suffice.

Person 1: Starts the game with draw 1 play 1.  Plays a goal (the first
thing people want to know). [This includes 'how to start']
Person 2: Draws 1, plays 1.  Plays a keeper. [Winning]
Person 3: Draws 1, plays 1.  Plays a rule.  (Say, draw 2).
Person 4: Draws 2, plays 1.  Plays an action.

This teaches the sequence of play as well as all the cards you need.
I visualize fun drawings of each player -- may I suggest Tirade starts
the game?  Possibly also at the end include a fifth person who wants
to jump in, and include that rule that way.

Then 'The Fine Print'.  Start with a quick paragraph that says 'all of
this information is either common sense, on the cards -- you don't
need to read it to play!  Just read the cards as you draw them'.
Include any little details you like, then potentially, include the
types of keepers, goals, and actions in a list in 'the fine print'.
Some people like to know that ahead of time, after all... I dig that
might not be possible, though, due to all the various versions.

Laurie

--
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired,
signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not